reatta rear tail light lens..new

FlyByNite

The guys from www.buickreattaparts.com have talked about "optically restored tail light lenses" as an item they have available. What they do to restore it and how much they charge, I don't know, but if you are prepared to drop almost 300.00 for a new lens, it might make sense to drop them a line and get the details of their restoration service first.

the optically restored lenses run $350, exchange. that includes the entire assembly. wouldn't want to take the assembly apart personally, as once the factory seal is broken, there can be a lot of moisture issues to deal with.

last time I checked, there were still some NOS lenses available from www.vintage.org the part number for the lens is 16507512. I believe there were 37 left a few months ago, and their price on them was in the $150 range.

caveat, however; the oversize charge from UPS was pretty high. give them a call; their number is on their web site home page.

as far as our technique on the lens restoration itself, all I will say is the guy that does it for us takes six hours to do one lens, and you can't imagine all the black stuff that comes off. all the other 'fixes' for a cloudy lens are just temporary. we have the first lens that was restored still here, pointing straight up into the hot Arizona sun. its been there for fifteen months now, and still looks great.

Mike

Guest Ranger

I called Vintage this morning "Barbara" said they were "sold out of GM #1650751 a tail light", didn't know when they were sold.