For Sale: 1951 Kaiser Deluxe 4dr Sedan, manual shift, 44K miles - $8,500 - Fond du Lac, WI - Not Mine

For Sale: 1951 Kaiser Deluxe 4dr Sedan, manual shift, 44K miles - $8,500 - Fond du Lac, WI

Car - 1951 Kaiser - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

All original, 1951 black 4 door sedan - Kaiser.
Copy and paste in your email:  31951a2163003995bbd9294d94cc8d29@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1951 Kaiser Deluxe 4dr Sedan.

Note: Those pursuing this Kaiser should inquire if it has overdrive. 

'51 Kaiser WI aa.jpg

'51 Kaiser WI a.jpg

'51 Kaiser WI b.jpg

'51 Kaiser WI c.jpg

'51 Kaiser WI d.jpg

'51 Kaiser WI e.jpg

'51 Kaiser WI f.jpg

'51 Kaiser WI g.jpg

'51 Kaiser WI h.jpg

'51 Kaiser WI i.jpg

'51 Kaiser WI j.jpg

Information is non-existent in the ad. I guess the seller wants you to contact him/her for the details. It's a '51 Kaiser with a manual and 44K miles that looks well preserved, that much we know, other than the battery is disconnected. 

I'll contact the seller and report back. 

Edited by DrumBob (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DrumBob said:

Information is non-existent in the ad. I guess the seller wants you to contact him/her for the details. It's a '51 Kaiser with a manual and 44K miles that looks well preserved, that much we know, other than the battery is disconnected. That's about all we know. 

I'll contact the seller and report back. 

Thanks! Please be sure to ask if it has overdrive and whether it works. 

1 hour ago, B Jake Moran said:

I believe this seller is in the KFOCI.   Jim Lape might know.  These were simply some of the best styled cars of 1951, very modern. 

I agree. I love the way those Kaisers look. The peaked windshield always did it for me. Beautiful cars. This one seems to be priced very fairly. I'll be able to confirm that if the seller ever gets back to me. 

I have a real gripe about some online sellers. They don't respond to your messages in a timely manner, and sometimes, not at all. There's a guy selling a pretty rare British drumset in the area. For weeks, I asked him to send me photos, which he promised to do. I haven't gotten anything, except a sob story about how his girlfriend dumped him. Another local guy is selling a desirable Slingerland drumset at a price I'd pay in a heartbeat. Three messages, and no response either. What the **** is wrong with these people? I'm practically begging these idiots to get in touch so I can put money in their pockets. 

Edited by DrumBob (see edit history)

13 hours ago, DrumBob said:

I have a real gripe about some online sellers. They don't respond to your messages in a timely manner, and sometimes, not at all. 

Correct observation.   There seems to be 2 main responses - those that respond quick because they are glued to social media - they usually respond with little additional information, they just respond.  Or - the response never comes or comes days or weeks later because a social media family member or friend has actually posted the car. 

Nice car and priced right. It has overdrive so it'll be a good road car that'll deliver decent fuel mileage. The uber rare tenite steering wheel is a big plus as well. 

It could use a good detailing under the hood, or just leave it down at shows and let folks marvel at the unusual front and back glass design.

The clocks in these cars were known to drain batteries so that may be why it's disconnected. An NOS unit out of the box would kill the battery in my 53 overnight...

And yes, I think this car does - or did - belong to a KF club member. I'm sure I have pictures of it at shows.

• Thanks 1

The seller got back to me last night, and is sending me more information after July 4, supposedly. I asked him if the car had overdrive. It belonged to his FIL who passed away, and he's selling it for the estate. 

• Like 1