Twin Coils Identity Sought

hddennis

Picked up these twin coils today and would like to know what they fit. Quick search turned up the number 1854015 fits a 1934-1937 Cadillac V16. This set has the number 1854011 on the diecast bottom which I think might be a Delco number so maybe this fits an earlier V16 ?

Thanks for any help,

Howard Dennis

100_6856.JPG.acb9745fd1d1666ad55912cc3ce50661.JPG100_6859.JPG.ed7eb41eb4aa8a20dfac7443f7c5a3a3.JPG

Edited by hddennis (see edit history)

Sure I'll get that measurement tomorrow....the coil bracket bolts upside down on the top of the radiatorIMG_06812.JPG.ce09454fb8ad943dcf02e4890cb490ac.JPGIMG_06812.JPG.ce09454fb8ad943dcf02e4890cb490ac.JPG....

Here's a motor picture of my V16....I'm missing a pulley to drive the then generator....I had to finagle this coil setup to work with my motor.....I switched to an alternator and this seems to be working....

If I had the right pulley the generator or alternator would sit lower and I could use your style coil pack, but as you can see I had to spread the coils out to not hit the alternator.... now I'm battling an over heating problem....old cars are fun !!

MikeIMG_06801.JPG.0a4e726280a3824f809d0e862097846c.JPG

• Like 1

21 hours ago, hddennis said:

Mike. Thank you sooo.. much for responding. It sure looks like you found it. Could I trouble you for the center to center measurement of the bolt holes and where do they bolt on to?

Howard Dennis

Mike, could I also ask if the metal cover comes off and if you have the number 1854011 in raised numbers under the cover?

Howard Dennis

Howard,
THIS post has an incomplete title:  "Twin Coils Identity Sought".  Had you put in a more complete title like "Twin Coils Identity Sought - Delco 1854011.  Early v16?" would have helped you tremendously.  Instead you made multiple posts in multiple forums including "Coil Pack. Not Duesenberg, Cadillac V16?" and "Packard V12 Owners Advice Sought".  Some of which got quick answers if not one that identified the part.

It also appears you at least partially answered your own question in the very first post in this topic:  "This set has the number 1854011 on the diecast bottom which I think might be a Delco number so maybe this fits an earlier V16?". So others may have assumed you knew the answer already. Also, you made the assumption identifying such a unique part would be quick and easy. 

You've been on this forum since 2004.  You posted the following: "Are There Any Antique Car Owners On Here Anymore?" It's not accurate, shows your impatience, and it completely ignores the THOUSANDS of answer a month people provide in this forum monthly. As administrator of this forum I found your hyperbolic title and whining insulting and wrong.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Peter Gariepy said:

Howard,
THIS post has an incomplete title:  "Twin Coils Identity Sought".  Had you put in a more complete title like "Twin Coils Identity Sought - Delco 1854011.  Early v16?" would have helped you tremendously.  Instead you made multiple posts in multiple forums including "Coil Pack. Not Duesenberg, Cadillac V16?" and "Packard V12 Owners Advice Sought".  Some of which got quick answers if not one that identified the part.

It also appears you at least partially answered your own question in the very first post in this topic:  "This set has the number 1854011 on the diecast bottom which I think might be a Delco number so maybe this fits an earlier V16?". So others may have assumed you knew the answer already. Also, you made the assumption identifying such a unique part would be quick and easy. 

You've been on this forum since 2004.  You posted the following: "Are There Any Antique Car Owners On Here Anymore?" It's not accurate, shows your impatience, and it completely ignores the THOUSANDS of answer a month people provide in this forum monthly. As administrator of this forum I found your hyperbolic title and whining insulting and wrong.

But You failed to mention that it took the post you just criticized to get the answers I sought. So you can add that to your research on me.

Howard Dennis

1 minute ago, Peter Gariepy said:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hddennis said:

But You failed to mention that it took the post you just criticized to get the answers I sought. So you can add that to your research on me.

NOPE.  I disagree.  Had you provided a more descriptive title you may have gotten the answer you were seeking quicker. Mike (the user who provided the answer) may have seen your post faster as well.  Instead you insulted the forums, its users, and it's volunteers.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Peter Gariepy said:

NOPE.  I disagree.  Had you provided a more descriptive title you may have gotten the answer you were seeking quicker. Mike (the user who provided the answer) may have seen your post faster as well.  Instead you insulted the forums, its users, and it's volunteers.  

You also failed to notice I wasn't the only one seeking this answer so what did the other poster do wrong?  Did you notice you were the only one who go upset with my posts?

Howrd Dennis

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hddennis said:

You also failed to notice I wasn't the only one seeking this answer so what did the other poster do wrong?  Did you notice you were the only one who go upset with my posts?

Howrd Dennis

Howard,

Are you really defending your use of a clickbait topic title? "Are There Any Antique Car Owners On Here Anymore?"?

What next?  EVERYONE should post crappy titles not related to the content to get people to read them if they dont get a quick answer to an obscure car or part? Clickbait is INSULTING and has no place on this forum.  and to imply on a HIGHLY trafficked and used antique auto forum there are no antique car owners is childish.

Nor did you acknowledge the COUNTLESS questions that did get answered on this forum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Peter Gariepy said:

Howard,

Are you really defending your use of a clickbait topic title? "Are There Any Antique Car Owners On Here Anymore?"?

What next?  EVERYONE should post crappy titles not related to the content to get people to read them if they dont get a quick answer to an obscure car or part? Clickbait is INSULTING and has no place on this forum.  and to imply on a HIGHLY trafficked and used antique auto forum there are no antique car owners is childish.

Nor did you acknowledge the COUNTLESS questions that did get answered on this forum.

Clickbait???? I don't even know what you re talking about?? Wouldn't my statement ( I've come here for years for help and information and have always tried to help other owners to return the favor whenever possible) acknowledge all the help I've received on this forum in years past? 

Did someone pee in your Wheaties this morning??

Howard Dennis

Edited by hddennis (see edit history)
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, hddennis said:

Did someone pee in your Wheaties this morning??

You're the one who posted the clickbait topic title "Are There Any Antique Car Owners On Here Anymore?"! So maybe its YOUR WHEATIES?

HOWS THIS!?

STOP posting topic titles that insult the forum users and its volunteers!

What does clickbait mean?
Clickbait typically refers to the practice of writing sensationalized or misleading headlines in order to attract clicks. It often relies on exaggerating claims or leaving out key information in order to encourage clicks. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Mike, Thank you so much for going to all this trouble to help out a fellow antique car owner. 

Thanks also to everyone else who bothered to respond with suggestions and possible answers. It has restored my faith in this forum.

Howard Dennis

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hddennis said:

Thanks also to everyone else who bothered to respond with suggestions and possible answers. It has restored my faith in this forum.

Howard Dennis

Great.

Nobody likes a whiner.

• Like 1