1962 Triumph TR4 $20,500

Not mine. I like it a lot. Looks like a car you could keep to scratch that “British roadster itch” for a long time. 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1102032017468744/

Seller's Description

This 1962 Triumph TR4 is finished in British Racing Green with a black soft top over black upholstery. Power comes from a 2,138cc inline-four paired with a four-speed manual transmission. I acquired the car from the estate of the previous owner who passed after having done about 85% of the restoration. Since acquiring the car I have done the following: New tires New rear brakes and drums. Had the Speedometer rebuilt (true mileage is unknown) Replaced seats with correct TR4 seats. Powder coated the metal dash to factory original "Spa White" Installed a correct Banjo steering wheel. Installed a High Torque starter Rebuilt the fuel pump New plugs, wires, points and condenser. Lucas Sport Coil.

image.jpeg.b485eddd03bf42dc882ee72d753eae92.jpegimage.jpeg.a873f2ae79d21ba83c2b298ba4d6e599.jpegimage.jpeg.fb0c22a3baabd21c3e9fa0a4e314da2a.jpegimage.jpeg.51f40a7482ef920df1ebff8ea65e277f.jpeg
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Beautiful car. I also like it a lot. I notice that TR4's have a small round opening at the bottom center of the grille. I'm surprised I never noticed it before. It makes me think of an old school crank start opening in '20's era cars of various sorts. Did the TR4 have such an auxiliary starting feature for emergency use? Just curious.

• Like 1

Love this car, James that is indeed for a hand crank.  Even after Triumph moved to a 6 in the TR, it's ancestry dated to prewar tractor engines, you make due on a tight budget...

Perfect, no apologies at a show but no hesitation to drive it like you stole it.  Price seems pretty fair, imho.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Somewhere between the 5-7 grand MG's, Triumph Spitfires, etc.... and the 50K driver Healey 3000/100 Lies a car like this.  Maybe there is a better option out there between those two extremes, but this one seems very worthy.  Friends I have who are into British cars (from all up and down the $ food chain) would really appreciate this car.  I have a couple friends who have older RR/Bentley stuff and some pristine Etype's and I think even those guys with fat wallets would look at the "pureness" of this car and say "maybe that could be my clean, simple and elegant roadster that I'm not reluctant to drive to town for errands/dinner/etc......

Steve, I know you like stuff like this.  Any room in your stable?  The feng shui of it next to your Packard could be good for the soul.

44 minutes ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Love this car, James that is indeed for a hand crank.  Even after Triumph moved to a 6 in the TR, it's ancestry dated to prewar tractor engines, you make due on a tight budget...

Perfect, no apologies at a show but no hesitation to drive it like you stole it.  Price seems pretty fair, imho.

• Like 1

John, believe me I think this car would be an ideal fit, the car itself (ideal colors, condition, pureness) price and type of slot it would fill all fit.

Space is killing us right now.  I only have 3 covered spaces.  Adding a small garden shed so we can get lawn furniture under cover and move the tractor out there as well.  To use the SL today requires moving the tractor in season, a small deterrant but people that say you tend not to use a buried car as much are right.  Frustrating to have 1.5 acres but between septic, placement of our house, a tiny spot of wetlands that are usually dry and topography the only good place for a bigger structure would require a ton of $$ in sitework.

The SL is earmarked for our son but his interests are not strong enough it seems, for him to want to take it over yet.  Despite a 24x24 garage at his place it houses golf bags and two smaller jeeps that should be outside taking in the sun anyway! 😉

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)