For Sale: 1952 Lincoln Capri convertible - Project -$18,500 - Somerset, WI - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduction to $16,500: 6-18-2024:

For Sale: 1952 Lincoln Capri convertible - Project -$18,500 - Somerset, WI - Still Available, Unchanged Price $18,500: 7-2-2023: - Still Available, Price Reduction to $16,500: 6-18-2024: See New Link Below:

1952 Lincoln Convertible - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

Seller's Description:

Stock 1952 Y-block (317.5) first year, 4-barrel carb, factory 4 speed GM Hydra-Matic with power windows and seat. Have the chrome parts which were removed to replate (not done) as well as the power top parts. Top is new material, operates easily manually and it functions as it should. Stock 6volt heavy 1950's cruiser.
Painted in the 1980s not perfect but driver quality. Manual steering and brakes. All new brake cylinders and shoes. New and old original extra parts. Too many projects not enough time.
Contact: CONTACT BRUCE (651) 4-8-five-2-4-6-two call or text
Copy and paste in your email: ff33b5393ede330f93a093ad0d431006@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1952 Lincoln Capri convertible - Project.

The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1946-1975, Edited by John Gunnell states 1,191 1952 Lincoln Capri convertible built.

'52 Lincoln Conv MN a.jpg

'52 Lincoln Conv MN b.jpg

'52 Lincoln Conv MN c.jpg

'52 Lincoln Conv MN d.jpg

'52 Lincoln Conv MN e.jpg

'52 Lincoln Conv MN f.jpg

'52 Lincoln Conv MN g.jpg

'52 Lincoln Conv MN h.jpg

'52 Lincoln Conv MN i.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Price Reduction to $16,500: 6-18-2024: Crossed out the dead CL link. (see edit history)

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1952 Lincoln Capri convertible - Project -$18,500 - Somerset, WI - Not Mine - Still Available, Unchanged Price $18,500: 7-2-2023:

I have heard of the Hydra-matic transmission being used in the Oldsmobile, but not in a Lincoln. Is this true? Nice looking car at a reasonable price. Just finished reading a detailed article about the Hydra-matic transmission that was first used in Oldsmobiles, Cadillacs and Pontiacs. It was first used in the Lincolns in 1949. 

https://ateupwithmotor.com/terms-technology-definitions/hydramatic-history-part-1/3/

Edited by kingrudy (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kingrudy said:

I have heard of the Hydra-matic transmission being used in the Oldsmobile, but not in a Lincoln. Is this true? Nice looking car at a reasonable price. Just finished reading a detailed article about the Hydra-matic transmission that was first used in Oldsmobiles, Cadillacs and Pontiacs. It was first used in the Lincolns in 1949. 

https://ateupwithmotor.com/terms-technology-definitions/hydramatic-history-part-1/3/

Mike:

When the all-new 1949 Lincolns and Lincoln Cosmopolitans came out, the Lincoln-Mercury Division management wanted them not to be at a sales disadvantage versus Cadillac.  Hydra-Matic was really the only viable automatic transmission available to purchase on a proprietary basis that would handle the horsepower and torque of the 337 ci L-Head V8.  GM had been supplying other automakers for decades with various components and systems such as Harrison radiators, Delco electrical components, Rochester carburetors, supplying Hydra-Matics was just another GM product made available to other manufacturers.  In addition to Lincoln, Nash/AMC, Kaiser-Frazer, Hudson, Willys all purchased them from GM.

Demand for automatic transmission was high throughout the buying public, where they were made or who supplied them was not much of a consideration.  Folks just wanted the driving ease an automatic transmission afforded, particularly those in the upper-medium and luxury segments, Lincoln used them through the 1954 model year.  Ford teamed up with Borg-Warner to develop the Ford-O-Matic/Merc-O-Matic for 1951 eventually developing a version that was ready to be offered as Turbo-Drive for the 1955 Lincolns.  

Steve

• Thanks 3

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1952 Lincoln Capri convertible - Project -$18,500 - Somerset, WI - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduction to $16,500: 6-18-2024: