1990s hot rodding

NC-car-guy

Possibly an unpopular opinion...

I worked in a shop, Macillac garage, in the 90s.  When I look back on the fond memories of working there and remember the things that we produced, I have to think what the hell were we thinking.  Insane "rad" colors, everything got a small block (some occasional big blocks) and it seemed the car magazines were right in alignment.  Everything got various velour and woodgrain interiors.  I learned invaluable skills, thankfully none of which were interior design.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It was in 1991 that I became involved with Rolls-Royce cars through a friend in the heating contracting business. I had known him for about 5 years through an apprenticeship training board where I taught adult Ed.

My taste in cars had always been quite conservative with the Buicks and Cadillacs. My new interests made me even more conservative. Nothing really radical from that experience, maybe a Chinese eyed Silver Cloud. Thanks to good coaching I never did buy one. And the money from working/leaning mostly ended up in an IRA. Never did get into the wild and crazy guy thing. Probably worse now.

• Haha 2