1931 Pierce Arrow Model 43 5 Passenger Phaeton Spring Service

While it’s not a restoration and simply a beginning of season service, I thought you guys would enjoy seeing a car that came in for a couple days. The owner located me because he knows the people I restored the ‘30 chevy for and delivered this past year. This PA is an absolutely gorgeous example of the brand having been beautifully restored. The car got a fresh oil change, a radiator flush, a complete lubing, and a new battery. Having never worked on one before, as most know, I’m pretty much a GM corporate car guy, so I contacted Edinmass for some advice and guidance. He assured me that servicing the car was pretty straightforward which it was and after a few hours time, I had everything completed. The owner is a very nice gentleman and he brought the new battery with him when he came to pick the car up and we installed it together. It’s a monster of a battery and much easier to install with two people as it’s a little of a tight fit. 
    Once the battery was in, the owner fired it up and off he went. Before he pulled out, we got a photo opp with my little Olds. In the last couple months my phone and visits to my home by old car owners has been off the wall. It seems word of mouth has been busy as I’m one of the few guys in the area who’ll work on an antique car to any degree. Shortly I have a ‘31 Cadillac coming in for some extensive work and that will be the next big project. I was also contacted about pulling/installing a transmission in a ‘59 Jag. It seems many owners are concerned about their cars, and rightfully so, and appreciate that I’m not an everyday modern car garage. After we’ve spoken and discussed their needs, they realize I’m an old car enthusiast like them, and they know that their car will have special treatment while it’s here. 

19E7627E-BDB3-416B-BE4E-234A02786502.jpeg

Edited by chistech (see edit history)
  • Like 20

• chistech changed the title to 1931 Pierce Arrow Model 43 5 Passenger Phaeton Spring Service

Sounds like a perfect date between client and professional! (I should be careful how this sounds....)

Your photo brings up an interesting observation. While we've discussed the PA headlights ad nauseam and how Dawley's design makes the front appear wider this shows another effect too. By perching the lights forward on the fenders it makes the PA's front look longer as well.

• Like 1