Auto Upholestry Leather

1912 Caddy

I need to recover the front seat bottom in an early Peerless and I am looking for a source of the shiny black leather that will match the seat back. the modern product that I have found locally seams to be more course and have a duller finish
Mike Stormo 

I’d start by talking to Keleen Leathers.  Might also talk to Coast to Coast and tell them what you’re looking for.  Conneaut Leather (now Cortina) has good leather too.

A couple years ago bought shiny black leather for a Simplex, if you have no luck I’ll go back and see where it came from.

Lots of leather suppliers,sometimes they will only sell wholesale though.

• Like 1

I would like to thank everyone for there rapid responcses. I am now working with Mike from Coast to Coast, I have sent him pictures and a sample. 

Although it is a pit pricey he is sure me can match my sample exactly. Buy the way I have a 1923 model 66 7 passenger touring.

Great to hear about your car, Mike. I wasn't aware of it. Just listed it in the record of known Peerlesses. Checked and there are ten of them worldwide. There is a fellow in Nashville who has discussed his "66" here on the Peerless Forum, Derek Moore.  He's at The Lane Motoring Museum in Nashville and acquired an untouched 1923 a few years ago. The Known Peerless Automobiles In Existence list has 370 vehicles on it now, since I created it in 2007. KPAIE is a spreadsheet. Some vehicles well-documented, some not. Here's one that Ralph Cartonio restored about 1993 and has been in Europe ever since:

IMG6524.jpg

How long have you had your Peerless? Some of the others were in NV, AZ, WI, NY, SC, and MA.

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

Jeff

I have two Peerless cars a 1923 model 66 and a 1925model 72. I bought both from Anthony Cartonio, they were both the ones he had listed for sale on this forum so not new to the Peerless community.

• 1 month later...