1962 Lesabre Exhaust

62Lesabre

What do you want sound-wise? Quiet, rumbly, or authoritative?

Nailheads have their own distinctive exhaust note, so I'd be inclined to go factory replacement if available. Nothing louder than a Walker Dynomax at any rate.

Though I think a 1962 full-size Buick wears bellflower tips better than just about any other car...😎Autorama-140-copy-1200x800.jpg

Waldron's should have what you need. They make OEM exhaust. Sometimes NOS crossover mufflers show up on ebay and here as well. I had the same mufflers put on my car. As soon as I started it, I knew I'd made a mistake; and an expensive one. I think adding the crossover should help it out. 

When I first purchased this car I needed to replace the exhaust and had a custom stock set up done by a muffler shop, they used an F-body muffler that sat transversely and I had them put bellflowers on it. The last person to own it ditched all that in favor of the flowmaster dumps. So now im starting back over again. I liked the quiet low burble I had before. I know I read that the Nailhead likes smaller diameter size pipe as well. 

• Like 1