Cleaning up the shop again.

Looking for Kaiser parts. Darrin parts..

Or any thing that was made in 1955..

I have some 1955 Chev stuff..

I hope work on the shop after April 18th..

I also list items online with Ebay..  

If the  price is too high on Ebay.. Just  pm me a price here or on Ebay..

IMG_0685.JPG

thumbnail_IMG_5897.jpg

IMG_5815.JPG.709dcf0ca85e518e1ca7bc752fad2da0.JPG

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
18 hours ago, jimkf said:

Are you serious...twenty one thousand dollars for a carburetor and air cleaner?!  You can keep the air cleaner and I'll give you $150 for the carburetor...

That carb came off a Kaiser Darrin. How do you price something that is never sold. I could not find one..

I also could not find one to buy..  It took me 11 years to get the one in the picture..

Edited by nick8086 (see edit history)

$21,000 is probably a wee bit high, but the $150 offer is more than a wee bit low.

The Darrin carb is beyond rare! This is the first one I have seen in 50 years that was not on a car. I have never rebuilt one, never owned one, and have owned some exceptionally rare carbs.

But the only carb I have ever seen bring that kind of money was a new old stock Packard 734 Detroit Lubricator. I had one of those years ago, but it wasn't new old stock.

Thanks for picturing the carb.

Jon

5 hours ago, carbking said:

$21,000 is probably a wee bit high, but the $150 offer is more than a wee bit low.

The Darrin carb is beyond rare! This is the first one I have seen in 50 years that was not on a car. I have never rebuilt one, never owned one, and have owned some exceptionally rare carbs.

But the only carb I have ever seen bring that kind of money was a new old stock Packard 734 Detroit Lubricator. I had one of those years ago, but it wasn't new old stock.

Thanks for picturing the carb.

Jon

Here is the other one I got. I installed it on the car.  The other one just sits in my office.. I just never installed on the other car I have.

post-100485-143142483928.jpg

On 6/19/2023 at 3:12 PM, nick8086 said:

Here is the other one I got. I installed it on the car.  The other one just sits in my office.. I just never installed on the other car I have.

post-100485-143142483928.jpg

how did you solve the typical choke wire installation problem?