1951 Nash Healey Roadster

Not mine and certainly not for the faint of heart.  No telling what is missing or laying around in the trunk or boxes.....You'd need a lot of time and deep pockets, but these are very cool.  I've only seen them in photos.  If you took this on and made it to the finish line, you'd likely never see yourself passing another one on the road.  Probably best suited for a single guy............

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/209431441688665/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A688bec82-0306-4857-b541-ba5c2072a206

Barn Find 1951 Nash - Healey , 1 of 104 all Aluminum Bodied Built , Very Rare , has been sitting several decades . Sell or trade for ???

image.png.7b22774ee772c3ef9a2d6fe6dfc2224a.png

image.png.6a57288be2810839c72609e0b46b5739.png

image.png.a0ba3cda35dd393a2a28e1c46e7522a9.png

image.png.25d8fd5ba9a33ff157fb884503ca60f7.png

Just for reference on what one looks like that Hyman had previously. 

image.png.a52eab0e8a61823cf9ce7450f4975deb.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Luv2Wrench said:

I've seen additional pictures and yes, it is missing a lot but an honest project.  It is also sold... fortunately and unfortunately not to me. :)

This is one of those cars that screams disaster and money pit......but let's be honest.  Virtually all cars in this condition could be described that way.  The cost difference for redoing the bodywork, paint, chrome, interior, tires, brakes.......is relatively the same for an early 60's MG as it is for a Austin Healey 100/6.  My point in saying this is if you are going to spend 50 grand doing restorative work on either of those cars, you might sink a similar amount of money into either, one yields maybe a 20 grand car, the other a 60 grand car.  If your buy in costs aren't too dissimilar, maybe you pour your time and money into something that is more valuable after all is said and done.  I realize my analogy isn't 100 % applicable.  Many things in doing a Big Healey are far more than an MG, but I think you get my point........

As it relates to this car, if you can get it for next to nothing (and  I hope the buyer got it for that) at least after pouring time and money into it, you'll have a special car, not commonly seen.   The big challenge will be tracking down or fabricating missing items.   You can't call Moss and say " I need a 67 MGB slave cylinder".......

there are a number of guys on here who take on challenges that are daunting, and let us read along as they work through them.  I'm sure they are poor financial decisions.  You rarely hear them complain about it.  They must love the challenge and I find myself inspired by them.   

Before anyone rips me for disparaging MG's, I love them and have had several.  They are great cars and I have nothing but praise for anyone doing an expensive restoration on one because they love their car.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Luv2Wrench said:

I've seen additional pictures and yes, it is missing a lot but an honest project.  It is also sold... fortunately and unfortunately not to me. :)

I have really enjoyed following along with your adventures!  Your work is exactly the example of what I'm talking about.  Press on.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 3/18/2023 at 11:05 AM, Luv2Wrench said:

Any idea who bought it? Thanks. 

On 6/22/2023 at 7:29 PM, JByrd said:

Any idea who bought it? Thanks. 

The seller's (Rocky) phone number is in the 4th picture in the first post.

You've bought so many Nash Healey's lately I've taken measures to hide mine better. ;)