What research can be done?

This may sound strange but I'm wondering what research could actually be requested of the AACA. I have 1962 and 1942 Buick. What sort of documents would the AACA have that would pertain to those vehicles that don't already exist publicly? I can get manuals, service bulletins, some sales literature. What else is there? Could I find out what dealer the cars went to or get build sheets for these particular cars? 

I guess what I'm saying is I would like to find out more about my cars but I'm not sure what question(s) to ask that would be relevant to the AACA's documentation. 

Regards,

Dan 

• 2 weeks later...

Dan, the library has all of what you stated and more.  Especially pre-war items that are extremely rare since our collection also houses the Buick Heritage Collection. We just have a lot of unusual factory info. Dealer info is almost non existent from GM in many cases as it was destroyed.  I believe the Sloan my have a shot of getting you dealer info and things like that as Buick did a better job at saving archives.  Build sheets may be available from GM as well.

Perhaps join the Buick Club if you aren't already a member, they have club technicians that may be able to also point you in a direction to find what you seek.  Once you know something exists ( dealers Bulletins sent to owners, other specific paperwork) you can be more specific in your request then just "send me everything besides manuals and sales literature you have on my Buick"