1960 Stude Lark Wagon Question

Hello,

I recently found a 1960 Stude 4-door Lark wagon.  Has a V-8, Twin Traction, and power steering, all original, but has been sitting for at least 20 years.  Doesn't run; needs a full restoration.  Is this anything particularly rare or special, or just something that's not really worth any time except for the hard-core Lark Wagon guy, which I am not.  Thanks for any commentary.

Wagon market is very strong  right now.     If you 'know' Studebakers and have a good parts source and can do your own work, just snag it and enjoy it.  If you are just out to flip it, do your own homework.   Wagons are very fun if you were to keep it awhile.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just stumbled on your thread. It looks so similar to one that I just responded to on the SDC forum, that I can't help but think that it is the same car and maybe you are the guy initiating that thread. Anyway this was my longwinded response to that thread.

I've told this story before so please excuse me if it seems like I'm beating a dead horse, which I am, sorta!rolleyes.gif The year that I got Humphry(2008) Mary and I flew back to Lancaster Pa. for the International Studebaker meet. I knew that Humphrey was all original but I wanted to check out some other 1960 wagons, just to see how universal a few manufacturing glitches that I had discovered, might have been. What better place to see a bunch of Larks, to say nothing about Lark wagons?

Was I in for a surprise! After roaming the parking lot for most of a week I found nary a first generation Lark wagon. I thought that certainly the show field would have what I was looking for. On the day of the show I waded through a seemingly endless number of Hawks and Avantis, but unless I missed one, there was not a single first generation Lark wagon on the field that day or at that meet. The only 1960 Lark on the field that day was a beautifully restored 6 cyl four door. There was however a young swap meet seller who had driven over from South Bend in a very rusty 1960 four door.

In the ensuing years we have gone to five more Internationals. The scenario was similar. The farther west the meet, the more Lark wagons seemed to be present, but they were few and far between.

So when I see a survivor that is in jeopardy, I have taken it upon myself to tell Humphrey's story and how it became a game changer for me. Your audience is going to be different that any that you may have ever played to in the past, but I can guarantee that you will be surprised and gratified by what you will experience.

Someone step up and save this car!

Not the same car, as the one I've seen has not run in at least 20 years.  The one I saw is still for sale.  I'm always thinking about it, but I have nowhere to put it, nowhere to restore it, as my garage is full with another project, and I'd end up putting way more money into it that it is worth. 

Thanks for the post.  Lots of sympathy for the car, but no one can take it on so far.

Edited by hursst (see edit history)

1 hour ago, hursst said:

Not the same car, as the one I've seen has not run in at least 20 years.  The one I saw is still for sale.  I'm always thinking about it, but I have nowhere to put it, nowhere to restore it, as my garage is full with another project, and I'd end up putting way more money into it that it is worth. 

Thanks for the post.  Lots of sympathy for the car, but no one can take it on so far.

Not to beat that dead horse more then I already have, but he won't mind. The cars sure sounded similar. Here's the link to the whole conversation in case you might find it interesting.

https://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/forum/your-studebaker-forum/sale-want-found-cars/1982907-hoping-somebody-will-save-this-one-196