Looking For 1963 - 65 Riviera Master Power Panel with Pwr Vent Opening *RESOLVED*

XframeFX

Reaching out to locate this item.

I know with Smokers, BO and exposure to the elements if the glass is down usually  has this piece pitted to some degree. But my broken piece is not pitted. So, I know there must be one out there.

Will need to be sent to Canada. No big deal, major couriers and USPS can do it.

Anyone?

Thank-You.

image.png.96f0640b1947533c23c215ff249d6ca3.png

• XframeFX changed the title to Looking For 1963 - 65 Riviera Master Power Panel with Pwr Vent Opening *RESOLVED*

Few People posting issues follow-up with outcomes so, I thought I'd share this one here.

For decades, the panel was left hanging by its harness. I always lifted the harness when closing the driver's door. I should've used a zip-tye to hold it up. Someone closed the door on what was a nice un-pitted piece, an early '63 piece. I say that because its missing the tab at the rear and most importantly, a different angle. Not interchangeable!

After a surprisingly successful repair (above), it was undone trying to conform to a different base (angle), cracking the plastic base I had just re-finished.

Sourcing attempts for a nice piece failed. Why X-border purchase for a pitted piece when I have a spare pitted non-power vent panel? Only my spare went missing. So, I continued 3+ years looking for it while searching for a perfect piece for sale, with or without power vents.

Searching attempts for my spare resulted in only the passenger side. One day, I stumbled upon a wrapped item, "ya, right, that passenger side again" my thought while unwrapping it. No, it was that AWOL driver's panel! So, cutting that rectangular opening began with the last image being the final result:

image.png.a766a777d83ae65db763ce03d6e0a8cf.png

image.png.90f796988b3af3ac454b74239f406420.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, XframeFX said:

Few People posting issues follow-up with outcomes so, I thought I'd share this one here.

For decades, the panel was left hanging by its harness. I always lifted the harness when closing the driver's door. I should've used a zip-tye to hold it up. Someone closed the door on what was a nice un-pitted piece, an early '63 piece. I say that because its missing the tab at the rear and most importantly, a different angle. Not interchangeable!

After a surprisingly successful repair (above), it was undone trying to conform to a different base (angle), cracking the plastic base I had just re-finished.

Sourcing attempts for a nice piece failed. Why X-border purchase for a pitted piece when I have a spare pitted non-power vent panel? Only my spare went missing. So, I continued 3+ years looking for it while searching for a perfect piece for sale, with or without power vents.

Searching attempts for my spare resulted in only the passenger side. One day, I stumbled upon a wrapped item, "ya, right, that passenger side again" my thought while unwrapping it. No, it was that AWOL driver's panel! So, cutting that rectangular opening began with the last image being the final result:

image.png.a766a777d83ae65db763ce03d6e0a8cf.png

image.png.90f796988b3af3ac454b74239f406420.png

The bosses for the screws that hold the switch in the panel are cast into the panel.