J.M.Thurston automotive artist...Looking for information..limited edition print of Peerless

I have this print of a Peerless and would like to find more information about the artist...other copies....value.

I searched the internet for the printer Lakeland Graphics Reproductions and find nothing.

Any help wold be appreciated.

Thanks for looking.

Bob

1929 Peerless.jpg

1929 Peerless Lakeland.jpg

1929 Peerless Six.jpg

Thurston sig.jpg

An excellent illustration. At first I thought it was advertising art from 1929, as Peerless commissioned lots of it for this model, but I see it's from 1980. The Six-61 was met with great sales success and thousands were built, but only 2 in the Roadster body style appear to have survived: one red and one this color.

1980s instant collectable.  This is obviously part of a "set" of a number of decorative prints that were mass produced, and promoted as "limited edition" as a marketing tactic.  The might have been sold (or even given away as premiums) to customers of an oil or gas company, or some other transportation related enterprise. 

The prints themselves are purely made as decorative items and are not exceptionally well done. It has a somewhat amateurish appearance in fact.  I don't have any info on Thurston but he could well be one of many graphic artists employed by advertising and promotion companies to create artwork for projects they contracted for.  Lakeland could also have been a short-lived subsidiary of a larger company that lasted only a brief time.

I don't believe they have much value, but to someone who likes them, perhaps $10-15 each.  If you have the entire collection in original packaging, and it has some specific advertising (e.g. Gulf Oil Company or similar) it might be worth more to someone who collects that type of material.

Just my opinion as a serious collector for many years.

Terry

Yes, it was probably part of a set. I do have a companion print of a 1930 Dodge in a really neat setting.

I would take issue with the 10-15 dollar value.  Heck magazine ads are selling for that kind of price. 

Since there is so little out there about Peerless, I  think it would be a shame if there was no one out there trying to perpetuate the name of one of the three great Ps.

1930 Dodge.jpg