working on my 31 Plymouth PA air cleaner and rt. side of motor

32plywood

This is on a 31 PA coupe.  someone had changed the carburetor over to the carter BB1 .   I made parts to fit the 31 air cleaner too it. 

Also did the later add on up pipe to raise vent cap out of the dirt.    The fuel pump heat shield made from pattern that was sent to me (thanks).  I had to also modified this to clear the BB1 carburetor.  Did the steel fuel and rubber line for fuel pump.

Edited by 32plywood (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

On 2/26/2023 at 9:17 AM, 32plywood said:

This is on a 31 PA coupe.  someone had changed the carburetor over to the carter BB1 .   I made parts to fit the 31 air cleaner too it. 

Also did the later add on up pipe to raise vent cap out of the dirt.    The fuel pump heat shield made from pattern that was sent to me (thanks).  I had to also modified this to clear the BB1 carburetor.  Did the steel fuel and rubber line for fuel pump.

That air silencer - air filter looks good.....I'd be interested in knowing how they adapted the BB1 carb to what looks like a PA intake manifold... I suspect they drilled into the carb base? has anyone else done this?.......The heat shield pattern, is that something you would pass along and or share?

Dave

STAY SAFE!

Dave    I had carb. off intake and it did not look to be a re-drill or welded -- it has a 2 7/16 center to center on studs. But bores are not the same -- runs OK.   intake looks like an un-modified stock PA.

The Pattern for the heat shield is for a stock PA carb. very different from the BB1 and I modified it 3 time before I settled on this one, many changes. Most of them I made on the fly.  When I have it off next time I could copy it.