1931 Commander listed on HMN

Hello all,

I am interested in the possible purchase of the car listed here: https://www.hemmings.com/auction/1931-studebaker-commander-376004

I was wondering if anyone here is familiar with the car?  Looks like the car was offered in an auction type format, but did not meet the reserve.  Now it is offered for sale as a 'make an offer' format.  The asking price seems very optimistic for a regular four door sedan.

If anyone has seen the car or know anything about it, I would be interested in knowing your experience.

Kind regards,

20 minutes ago, ibrake4oldcars said:

Did you see the earlier post of a 31 President for sale for about $10k less? Or are you specifically looking for a Commander?

Yes, I did see the ad.  While it would be an honor to own a `31 President, it's location makes it a little difficult (expensive) to peruse. 

The car came out of Massachusetts about 3-4 years ago.  It had been for sale on and off in Mass for several years prior to that.   The lowest advertised price at that time was $22k.  Appears it was nicely restored, but It is way overpriced now.  Based on the videos of it being driven, the owner has no clue how to drive a car of this vintage.  Can't believe there is much left of the clutch disk the way he drives it.

• Haha 1