NUMBER of owners

cquisuila

Difficult to do without enlisting a private detective.  You basically need to work backward starting with the person who sold you the car.  That person would then tell you who they purchased it from and so on...  The problem is that the car is nearly 60 years old now and some of the previous owners are likely deceased by now.  There's no harm in trying, as long as your expectations are realistic.

• Like 2

I don't know if it's just blind luck, but I know the complete history of all my cars, names

of all the owners and what dealership sold them originally. It would drive me nuts owning an old car that

I didn't know anything about it's history. My 65 Riviera was special ordered from Ken Nelson Buick in Dixon, Illinois

in January of 1965. When it arrived at the dealership in February, the car transport driver backed it off the transport

truck and into a concrete foundation for a giant pole lamp in the parking lot of the dealership, ruining the back bumper

and putting a dent in the rear corner of the quarter panel. The dealership body shop repaired the dent and installed a new bumper but the repair was poorly done and the paint didn't match where they spotted it. The guy who ordered it refused to take delivery

of the car and ordered another one. It sat on the dealer's lot until May of 1966 when the front end/alignment mechanic at the

dealership purchased it at a discounted price. He kept it for one year, but never drove it in the wintertime when the roads were salted. 

In May of 1967 that alignment mechanic sold the Riviera to the mechanic that worked in the bay next to him, and he kept it until

2011, never driving the car in the rain, never letting it get wet.......never washed the car with a hose, just wiped it down with a damp towel after every use, and he only drive it on nice days in the summertime.....never in the rain, and it was always in a climate controlled garage when not being driven. This man had a next door neighbor who had begged him for years to sell him the car, saying it was his dream car. The mechanic finally relented and sold it to the guy at a very good price, and the neighbor then

proceeded to flip the car at a big profit to the owner of a Buick dealer in a neighboring town that wanted to display it in his

Buick showroom. This enraged the mechanic and he is not on speaking terms anymore with the flipper next door neighbor.

In 2012, the Buick dealer decided to sell his dealership and the new owner of the dealership didn't want the car, and it was sold

on consignment by a collector car dealer, who wound up selling to a guy who lived in Las Vegas in January 2013. A few months

later the new owner in Las Vegas learned he had terminal cancer and  the car was once again put on consignment with a collector

car dealer right off the strip in Las Vegas and 15 minutes after they posted the ad on the internet on a Monday morning I found

the ad for the car on the internet along with tons of photos, and I bought the car sight unseen 30 minutes after the ad was posted.

The car was so nice that I knew somebody else would buy it before I could fly up to Las Vegas to look at it. I had the car shipped

to Texas and when it arrived, it was even nicer than I had expected........pics of the car being delivered to me are shown below......

DSCN0002.JPG

DSCN0008.JPG

DSCN0009.JPG

DSCN0010.JPG

• Like 8