1956 OLDSMOBILE 98 STARFIRE CONVERTIBLE 3 cars = 2 convertibles & 1 four door ht $25k FB Greensboro, NC Not mine

I have seen the black and gold color combination on a 55, or 56 and it looked really good. The extra two doors will hold this car back some IMO. The convertible will definitely be a very sweet car when finished, but there is still a long way to go. High dollar car when finished IMO.  

I owned a 56 Holiday 98 2 door hardtop and have though seriously about getting another one.  Many do not like the "bassmouth" grille. The deep side coves which mimic the Corvette - sold me.   The 98 did not have the "french curves" C Pillar of Cadillac or Buick.   But to me that did not matter much. 

It all started for me with a 1956 GM ad I framed and kept for years of the 1956 98 Holiday with a female model holding an umbrella.  This isn't the one, but the colors are similar

Large Car Ad 1956 Oldsmobile 98 (GM general motors company classic old  photo advertisement parts print brochure dealer olds deluxe holiday)

• Like 1