MUSTANG DASH BEZEL?

MIGUEL ANGEL

It's ben a while but going on those numbers it is a 73 Ford Part denoted by the D3.  That represents 73.    Car and Most likely Galaxie LTD or something similar. Usually AZ but sometimes DA.    It's not Mustang or Thunderbird ZZ and SZ Code.   Truck,  atleast small size is TZ.  Big Truck was HZ Torino is OZ,  Usually.  There are lots of variations and sometimes cross applications.  It may also fit newer years,  but this would most likely be the first year it was used.  

It's a start to point you in the right direction hopefully.   Good luck.

• Like 2

Randy is spot on - https://www.ebay.com/p/1630578801, but unfortunately it looks like yours has been cut up likely for an aftermarket radio years ago.

1973 73 Ford Radio Mounting Bezel Maverick Mercury Comet 70 71 72 ?? Falcon?

• Picture 1 of 10
  • Picture 2 of 10
  • Picture 3 of 10
  • Picture 4 of 10
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • 1973 Ford Maverick radio faceplate D3DA-18842-AA - Picture 4 of 10
  • 1973 Ford Maverick radio faceplate D3DA-18842-AA - Picture 5 of 10
  • 1973 Ford Maverick radio faceplate D3DA-18842-AA - Picture 6 of 10
  • 1973 Ford Maverick radio faceplate D3DA-18842-AA - Picture 7 of 10
  •  
  •  
  •  

Auction: Pre-owned

0 bids | 15h 10m
$40.00
+ $8.45 Shipping
  • Get it by Thu, Jan 12 - Tue, Jan 17 from Springfield, Missouri
Used in good condition

Sold bystng-ra (257)100.0% Positive feedbackContact seller

I forgot about all the compacts that came along in the 70's.  I don't recall the typical codes on them.    I just learned the most important numbers when buying lots of parts so I wasn't paying Mustang prices for LTD or other less desireable models. 

That's part of the reason Ford parts lots are so easily picked and you have to be suspicious when you went to look at it one.   With GM and even Mopar,  the numbering sequence didn't give you that kind of clue.  Ford made it so easy you could almost identify the part without a book.   GM and Mopar you needed volumes and volumes of books.   I think Mercury might have been MY for full size and WY  possibly GY for cougar.  I think Lincoln was LM or LY, VY or similar.  There seemed to be some variations but it's real quick to learn them. 

• Like 1

The D3DA 18842 AA are the engineering numbers, actual parts book number would have been D3DZ 18842 A.... fitting as mentioned above a 1973 Maverick and most likely the 74 as there was very little difference dash wise. Most likely it'll fit the Mercury Comet as well. It may have been cut out to accommodate the newly introduced AM/FM 8 track player??

STAY SAFE!

• Like 1