1976 Eldorado Bicentennial Edition?

MotiveLensPhoto

Curious if anyone has one of these?

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a15346364/the-spirit-of-76-celebrate-america-with-this-bicentennial-edition-cadillac-eldorado/    

says there was 200 made and 199 sold to the public. I saw one at the dealership near my house in the 1980s. Would like to see one again. If you've got one in the midwest I wouldn't mind a road trip when the weather improves. Not looking to drive it, or buy it, just look at it and maybe take a few pix.

6 hours ago, jp1gt said:

Is this a special one? I have a friend that has one with about 250 miles on it. All I remember is that it was the last year model. He is going to sell it soon

I don't know much about it beyond the fact it was painted and decaled with a bunch of bicentennial stuff, and a red white and blue color scheme. I used to live behind a Cadillac dealer and they had one in the window. Always loved big convertibles and the low number of them (200 per above article) suggests this was a pretty unique product.

The 1976 Eldorado convertible was the first instant collectible that I can remember.

I want to say they were around 10 K new, and then they sat at 20 K for like 35 years. And since everyone put them away, every one of them is low mileage.

If this car has sat without being run or driven, that is bad news.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, alsancle said:

The 1976 Eldorado convertible was the first instant collectible that I can remember.

I want to say they were around 10 K new, and then they sat at 20 K for like 35 years. And since everyone put them away, every one of them is low mileage.

There's ways to preserve a car without driving it, draining some fluids, topping off others, heated storage, etc. but mostly cars need to be driven, IMO. That's why they were built.

I would just like to see and photograph a bicentennial edition for nostalgia's sake, although if I had the proper storage space and could afford to, I probably would have one. Low on the list of cars I'd like to have, but still wouldn't turn it down.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2022 at 7:48 AM, alsancle said:

Problem with '70's "instant collectibles" is way too many of them got saved, and one will never get their money back, whether its '76 Eldorado convertibles, Franklin Mint, 'limited edition' NHL drinking glasses, coffee mugs, etc.  I was given a lot of 'instant collectible' household items over the years as gifts, and since have donated all of it to the veteran's thrift store as there is no market for it.   I am not going to waste my time listing, and watching my 'collectible' stuff compete with ten pages of identical items with an average selling price of less than $10.

Craig