Runnnig in after rebuild...honing, rings, babbit bearings, line bore, etc - 22 Chandler split head six

PWN

I have been running it stationary in small intervals. Probably have 30 - 40 minutes so far. 

I just read in an old 1922 book that I should add and extra gallon of oil, mix a pint of good light weight oil in the gas (Marvels mystery oil?) and squirt some oil in the carb intake every now and then.

Any ideas on the above advice or tips?

Thanks a bunch,

Peter

I add one airline booze bottle (3.4oz) of MMO to about 10 gallons of gasoline in all my brass era cars to help lubricate the valves.  Airline booze bottles fit nicely under the seat next to the fuel tank or in the running board toolbox for every fill-up.

"The first part of the TSA’s 3-1-1 rule states that each bottle or container of liquid that you bring in your carry on luggage can be no larger than 3.4 ounces. If that seems like a strange number to you it’s because 3.4 ounces is equivalent to 100 milliliters. This brings the US airplane liquids limit in line with the rest of the metric world."

• Haha 1

Sounds like you are on the right track. As mark says, easiest is to put a little oil in the gas, Favorite around here is plain ATF, but marvel mystery oil would be fine, or even just motor oil.   The idea is to get a bit of lubrication on the top rings and the valves.  I would be leery of the overfilling idea. Just make sure it's at the full mark.  Vary the revs too. let it idle for a but then crank it up to 800 or so for a couple of minutes.