1941 Cadillac La Salle?

castillo49

1941 Cadillac La Salle ? Selling as one package, no parting out. Cash Only No written or verbal warranties. No return. Sold on Bill of Sale. Not a Cadillac guy, so I know very little on car and parts. Can be towed locally for additional cost. Ask questions. $1,500  Frank 909 296-0980 frankjocelyncastillo@gma

June 11, 20 093.JPG

June 11, 20 096.JPG

June 11, 20 099.JPG

June 11, 20 098.JPG

June 11, 20 107.JPG

June 11, 20 108.JPG

June 11, 20 110.JPG

June 11, 20 111.JPG

June 11, 20 103.JPG

June 11, 20 102.JPG

June 11, 20 104.JPG

June 11, 20 105.JPG

Yes that is a 1940 Lasalle series 5019 sedan. The engine has "41 Cad" written on it. That may not be the original engine or the original head. Cadillac and Lasalle were separate GM brands but Cadillac designed and built Lasalle and Lasalles were sold at Cadillac dealers. They were very similar mechanically.

Edited by Tom Boehm (see edit history)

I don't have any interest in buying it. I just wanted to properly identify it since the seller appears unsure what it is. I have a very nice 1940 series 52 LaSalle Sedan. I agree with you that interest in these cars is waning and that parts sources are drying up.

• Like 1

5219, I was being dense. It was late and I thought the original poster saw this car and was considering buying it. Upon rereading, I get it that he was selling the car. I did read your post accurately the first time. I have since edited my response. 

Yes, this car has been picked over good. All the pot metal chrome is gone inside and outside. One gem I noticed in the pile of parts on the ground was 1 piece of stainless running board edge molding that appears to be in good shape. That part is impossible to find in reuseable condition. 

I am restoring a 1940 Lasalle 50 series.