For Sale: 1966 Thunderbird Town Coupe, Q-Code 428, A/C - Project - $7,500 - Spring, TX - Not Mine

For Sale: 1966 Thunderbird Town Coupe, Q-Code 428, A/C - Project - $7,500 - Spring, TX

1966 Thunderbird Q- code - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

1966 Ford Thunderbird Q-code 428. Original survivor car. Town Hardtop ( one year only body style). No rust. Car has been sitting for 12 years, a lot has been done to get it road worthy, but it’s not there yet. $7500. Trades considered.

Copy and paste in your email: 5283d758f8963dd09f89bb4480e58e6f@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1966 Thunderbird Town Coupe
The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1946-1975, Edited by John Gunnell states 15,633 1966 Thunderbird Town Coupes built.

'66 Thunderbird 428 TX a.jpg

'66 Thunderbird 428 TX b.jpg

'66 Thunderbird 428 TX c.jpg

'66 Thunderbird 428 TX d.jpg

'66 Thunderbird 428 TX e.jpg

'66 Thunderbird 428 TX f.jpg

'66 Thunderbird 428 TX g.jpg

'66 Thunderbird 428 TX h.jpg

'66 Thunderbird 428 TX i.jpg

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, B Jake Moran said:

That is a huge rear sail panel (I think that is what it would be called) and I suspect that is what is referred to by being called Town Coupe

Yes. And if it had the vinyl top it would be the town landau.  

This style (Town Coupe and Landau) far outsold the regular hardtop making the hardtop production almost as low as the convertible.  This means that while it might be a “one year only style” it’s not exactly rare. 

The move towards the more formal style reassured Ford of their decision to introduce the very formal 1967 Thunderbird (including the 4 door) was correct. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, m-mman said:

This style (Town Coupe and Landau) far outsold the regular hardtop making the hardtop production almost as low as the convertible.

The standard hardtop was uncommon enough in the '66 model year that for a long time I thought they only offered a non-convertible T-Bird in the Town Coupe style. I probably see more '66 convertibles running around today than standard hardtops. That's my impression, anyway. Town Coupes are nice, but the visibility would be a hassle.