Automotive related Neon

I like the auto related memorabilia almost as much as the cars. I’m interested in picking up a couple vintage automotive neon signs. I’d be interested in seeing what automotive related neon signs some of our forum members might have in their collection. If you have any, please post a picture to motivate and educate us.  If there is a good story that goes with it, share that as well. 

• Like 1

My thought was if John wanted to buy a couple of affordable old signs and didn't have the technical knowledge or parts sources to restore them into functioning signs, he might be better off buying the reproductions.  As with most things, the condition of an item purchased will determine what work (if any) is needed.   

• Like 2

Jim, thanks for your comments. I agree the newer pieces are attractive and likely more reliable..... and a fraction of the cost compared to older original pieces. I am mainly focused on older original auto related  neon signs and clocks. I have a couple old neon beer signs as well as a 55 year old sign that was in a old family owned pet store. As Mike said, the transformer is very heavy on the tropical fish one. 

mike, I have seen some of the beautiful pieces you have shared. That is the type of stuff I’m looking for.   Original auto related neon. I don’t mind the sign being a little grungy, some patina is fine with me and I do have a source for fabrication of new neon if I just buy the can. 74BBE1DA-5D20-4321-B1E9-50509A224DF5.jpeg.bd4c379a09b4d7938025591db33afd41.jpeg58E2582B-0446-4DBC-9CF6-FAE904202D90.jpeg.0a43b23829785ded5f919ba4fdf4649f.jpegFD825D46-71CF-4B35-A580-9E9F0D373756.jpeg.724f601105b085fb79c68522a0d25d67.jpeg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Larry Schramm said:

Here is my car theme sign.  Not for sale even though none of my Buicks have power steering.

IMG_20221203_115023_01.jpg

Larry, I like it. Two colors, and touting the “new” engineering of power steering. I remember my dad coming home after ordering a new car and choosing his options and saying “I got it with power steering”.  Great piece!  Thanks for sharing.