22 marvelous motor boash du6 wiring

PWN

Hey All, been a long time and I am finally ready to try and start my 22 Royal Dispatch. I had the motor rebabbited and redone and am now ready to get her started once again. 

I don't seem to be getting a spark and am wondering if I have the coil wired to the magneto correctly.  The body is not on the car so I can't hook it to the ammeter,  generator etc.  easily. 

Can anyone with a similar setup school me on getting a spark? 

Peter

Edited by PWN (see edit history)

I think my problem is the coil is not properly hooked up. I'm a little confused by the wiring diagram. The one I'm using is attached. Is your coil hooked up to the generator and battery indirectly through the starter and ammeter?

But shouldn't the magneto produce spark without the coil?

20221126_091600.jpg

20221126_092634.jpg

Ok, got the car started and running pretty well. I am pretty sure the magneto is not working hence my grandfathers addition of the coil.

The coil has no capacitor hooked, should it have one? There is a capacitor with the coil but there is no wire to it, so I am trying to determine if it was ever hooked up.

Chris, on your Light Six, can you you give me the details of the your coil set-up? I am pretty sure our motors are the same.

Thanks,

Peter

Edited by PWN (see edit history)