Did you delete my thread on Pennsylvania Turnpike tolls ?

I'm not mad if you did. I just want to learn more about how this forum works. I was just ranting/blowing off steam about a high toll bill I got from my Hershey trip. I think the last count was about 40 responses in less than 24 hours. I wish I could get that response when I try to start conversations about old car topics. 

Actually I'm glad you deleted the thread (if you did) because it started to veer away from the original intent. Is there a way I could do that voluntarily on my end?

Edited by Tom Boehm (see edit history)
21 hours ago, Tom Boehm said:

I'm not mad if you did. I just want to learn more about how this forum works. I was just ranting/blowing off steam about a high toll bill I got from my Hershey trip. I think the last count was about 40 responses in less than 24 hours. I wish I could get that response when I try to start conversations about old car topics. 

Actually I'm glad you deleted the thread (if you did) because it started to veer away from the original intent. Is there a way I could do that voluntarily on my end?

Yup.  The entire thread broke the forum rules in multiple ways:

• Not antique car related (regardless that it had "Hershey" in the title). By your own admission you were ranting.
  • Clickbait
  • Politics after the fact (but easily predicable it was gonna go down that path)
  • Sways off topic (after the fact)

ALSO: See Golden Rule below.

Forum Guidelines

• Follow the forum rules.
  • Post in the appropriate forum.
  • Write complete topic titles. (no clickbait)
  • When applicable include the year, make and model of vehicle. 
  • Follow individual forum guidelines.
  • Stay on the topic of the post.
  • Remember the golden rule.

"Before you speak (post or comment) ask yourself if what you are going to say is true, is kind, is necessary, is helpful. If the answer is no, maybe what you are about to say should be left unsaid." - Bernard Meltzer 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1