1973 chevelle SS BB 4 speed value ?

3boys442

4 hours ago, TAKerry said:

I just looked at hemmings and there is a chevelle a bit newer than this one, 350 auto, day two custom mag wheels etc. Not nearly the car this one is. The asking price is close to 30k! With that info I would say this car cleaned and serviceable would easily get into the 30's with the right buyer. I still would not offer much more than 20k in its current condition.

Why do you think asking price has any relationship to value? If the seller was asking a million bucks, would you think this car was worth that much?

12 hours ago, joe_padavano said:

Why do you think asking price has any relationship to value? If the seller was asking a million bucks, would you think this car was worth that much?

Because in this case both cars are very similar. Being a bit of an oddball not many are currently offered so as the saying goes all ships rise with the tide. Very true that the hemmings car may not get the asking price, but compared to most cars in this class I do not think the asking is too far out of line. 

31 minutes ago, TAKerry said:

Because in this case both cars are very similar. Being a bit of an oddball not many are currently offered so as the saying goes all ships rise with the tide. Very true that the hemmings car may not get the asking price, but compared to most cars in this class I do not think the asking is too far out of line. 

Once again, ASKING price is meaningless. The only time price establishes value is when cash changes hands.

I have actually been in the market for a 73 SS Chevelle to match my 73 El Camino SS 454.  In my search I have come across one other 73 Chevelle SS 454 with M21 4 speed.  The seller was asking $29.5K for his car that had been fully restored with 58K original miles with matching numbers.  The owner of this car only put a couple hundred miles on the car the past 22 years taking it to car shows on a trailer.   If there are no rusted out panels, good upholstery and this car is original SS matching numbers, paint, etc. it is probably worth close to $20K in the current not running condition, IMHO.  There are a lot more 73 Chevelle SS 350/350 Automatics out there and the price for these cars is a lot less.  If you plan on selling this car in the near future let me know.

• Like 3