DOOR HINGE SPRING

62Lesabre

Hey everyone. I am missing my drivers side front door spring. The rest of the hinge is there and appears fine just missing the spring. Anyone know where I can get a replacement. It appears a little different than later era door springs. Almost looks like a heavy duty drum brake spring. 

image_67169025 (1).JPG

7 hours ago, Barney Eaton said:

Does the door spring actually look like the one pictured?    All the springs I recall seeing are compression springs

The fit over that little projection on the arm.  

Yes it literally looks like they took a spring for a drum brake to use for the hinge spring. I know what you mean about the spring appearance, all the ones Ive ever known are the style you are talking about, so I was a little confused where to find the correct type of spring. It hooks further forward into the fender and then attaches to that little flange on the hinge. 

On 10/26/2022 at 7:30 PM, Barney Eaton said:

This is a reproduction hinge for a full size Chevy from Classic Industries catalog..... note the compression spring.  

I think OER has the wrong picture in their catalog or something is wrong. 

hinge.jpg

Thats a newer model door spring. My Buick is a 1962. The springs posted earlier are the correct style. I compared it with my passenger side door.