Wanted: 1925 NASH advanced six water pump or pump cover

Lahti35

• 2 weeks later...

I've got this one,it may have been dug up at an archaeological dig somewhere. Pretty pitted but doesn't look like it's rusted through. A little time with a flapper wheel,maybe some brazing on the inlet,just kidding,hopefully someone somewhere will come up with a good one.

IMG_1570.JPG

IMG_1572.JPG

IMG_1571.JPG

On 10/11/2022 at 11:31 PM, sagefinds said:

I've got this one,it may have been dug up at an archaeological dig somewhere. Pretty pitted but doesn't look like it's rusted through. A little time with a flapper wheel,maybe some brazing on the inlet,just kidding,hopefully someone somewhere will come up with a good one.

😄😄😄That's been around the block once or twice! Actually it was very helpful to see the picture, now I know what one looks like from the backside. All my leads have not panned out to date, I've found every other pump Nash used in the 20's but not the mystical correct unit. The search is young yet! 

Turns out Nash used two different style pump covers for the Advanced Six series, the early one shown here and the later one with a longer center that won't work on the older cars as they will hit the fan belt. The later cover supersedes the older one according to the master parts book but while it will bolt on it projects forward too far.