Jump to content

Antique tire tool


2Slow
 Share

Recommended Posts

I don't know what this is.  It looks like a tool to hold a tire open while patching, but the lower portion is a hydraulic jack and that seems like way more force than would be needed and super slow to pump up.  Any thoughts?

20220907_194404.jpg

20220907_194431.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, 2Slow said:

I don't know what this is.  It looks like a tool to hold a tire open while patching, but the lower portion is a hydraulic jack and that seems like way more force than would be needed and super slow to pump up.  Any thoughts?

20220907_194404.jpg

20220907_194431.jpg

I love these old tools... very cool item imo. Is it for sale?

 

Basically it spreads the tire open so you can see where to repair it. May not work the fastest but it beats trying to pry it open by hand.

 

Wonder how far it expands (for what size tire)?

 

Here's a Weaver ad that shows a similar operation.

For the one you have, I'm guessing if you were right handed you would put the pedal on the right, then if you were left handed you'd want the pedal on the left. If you were ambidextrous you could operate it either way..  

 

R.fb20ba3ef831bd79e4d24e25b8959b1b?rik=3x%2b6SGP3auZuCQ&riu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.castleequipment.com%2fimages%2fWeaver-AD-1919-Tire-Spreader.jpg&ehk=CTOfFDAX8boyeBwMSgec0zBzKKimzdzuq0ZHIZMyg0o%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

 

Picture 539.jpg

 

Another variation

 

Tire changer.JPG

 

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, 30DodgePanel said:

I love these old tools... very cool item imo. Is it for sale?

 

Basically it spreads the tire open so you can see where to repair it. May not work the fastest but it beats trying to pry it open by hand.

 

Wonder how far it expands (for what size tire)?

 

Here's a Weaver ad that shows a similar operation.

For the one you have, I'm guessing if you were right handed you would put the pedal on the right, then if you were left handed you'd want the pedal on the left. If you were ambidextrous you could operate it either way..  

 

R.fb20ba3ef831bd79e4d24e25b8959b1b?rik=3x%2b6SGP3auZuCQ&riu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.castleequipment.com%2fimages%2fWeaver-AD-1919-Tire-Spreader.jpg&ehk=CTOfFDAX8boyeBwMSgec0zBzKKimzdzuq0ZHIZMyg0o%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

 

Picture 539.jpg

 

Another variation

 

Tire changer.JPG

 

That was my buddy, Ross using his old Weaver machines. He just passed recently. I have no idea what happened to the machines.

post-37352-143138087043.jpg

post-37352-143138142139.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

That was my buddy, Ross using his old Weaver machines. He just passed recently. I have no idea what happened to the machines.

post-37352-143138087043.jpg

post-37352-143138142139.jpg

 

My condolences, John sorry to hear that. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...