For Sale: 1962 Mercury Comet 4dr Sedan - $6,500 - Copperas Cove, TX - Not Mine

For Sale: 1962 Mercury Comet 4dr Sedan - $6,500 - Copperas Cove, TX

Classic Mercury Comet For Sale - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

When I purchased this 4-door sedan in 2014 I was told I was just the 4th owner. It has a 6-cylinder, 170-cid engine with 2-speed Merc-o-Matic auto transmission. Since taking ownership, I have reupholstered the front and rear seats, installed new seat covers front and rear, replaced the rear window shelf, installed new tires (less than 1500 miles wear), installed new front shock absorbers, and installed new rear leaf springs. The originally installed AM radio has been inoperative since I purchased it. The car features a 2-tone exterior paint, with turquoise body and white top. The seat covers are coordinated with matching turquoise and white colors. Current Texas inspection good through October 2022. This car has been a strong, dependable runner. The asking price is $6500.00 but will listen to all reasonable offers. odometer: 53000

Copy and paste in your email: df1d5ff6a8183cfd86812cdb61056ff4@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1962 Mercury Comet 4dr Sedan.

'62 Mercury Comet TX a.jpg

'62 Mercury Comet TX b.jpg

'62 Mercury Comet TX c.jpg

'62 Mercury Comet TX d.jpg

'62 Mercury Comet TX e.jpg

'62 Mercury Comet TX f.jpg

'62 Mercury Comet TX g.jpg

'62 Mercury Comet TX h.jpg

'62 Mercury Comet TX i.jpg

'62 Mercury Comet TX j.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bleach said:

Nice but I don't like the seats. Wrong kind of material for this kind of car. It's too flashy. Nice looking car otherwise. My grandfather had a 61' 2 door and my parents had a '63 S22 so I have good memories of these cars.

If they had matched the darker turquoise to replace the white, they would look period correct.   Lincoln-Mercury dealers lived off Comet sales in the early 1960's.

• Thanks 1