For Sale: 1965 Mercury Montclair Marauder 2dr Hardtop - $8,900 - Eagle, ID - Not Mine

For Sale: 1965 Mercury Montclair Marauder 2dr Hardtop - $8,900 - Eagle, ID

1965 Mercury Montclair Marauder - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

PRIMARILY LOOKING FOR TRADES for 70s or older domestic cars.
I've owned this car for just over three years. It has a newer battery, one-wire alternator, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, points, ignition coil, and a recently rebuilt Edelbrock carburetor. Runs and drives well. I repainted it last fall in its original color in single stage acrylic enamel (The roof was not originally white). Not a show car by any means, but it presents well for a driver.
It's powered by a 300-horse 390 Z-Code engine and a Merc-O-Matic 3-speed transmission. I believe the rear gears are 2.76. The engine was likely either rebuilt or replaced with a 1966 or later unit given it's blue (The correct color for 1965 is orange).
There's nothing beyond minor surface rust anywhere on the vehicle. The clock doesn't work (Do they ever?), and the temp gauge normally doesn't budge from "cold." The front driver's seat has some tears, but the back seat and headliner are near perfect. Could use new springs in the rear and a lower ball joint on passenger side (Boot is cracked). There are a couple blemishes on the inside of the windshield from where a glued rearview mirror broke off (It's on now), and I believe there's a moderate exhaust leak coming from the passenger side manifold.

Copy and paste in your email: 3951bcb02a7636b780cdcb148a9f987d@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1965 Mercury Montclair Marauder 2dr Hardtop.
The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1946-1975, Edited by John Gunnell states 9,645 of this model were built.

'65 Mercury Montclair Marauder ID a.jpg

'65 Mercury Montclair Marauder ID b.jpg

'65 Mercury Montclair Marauder ID c.jpg

'65 Mercury Montclair Marauder ID d.jpg

'65 Mercury Montclair Marauder ID e.jpg

'65 Mercury Montclair Marauder ID f.jpg

• Like 2