WTB 1926 Chrysler G70, 218cu inch, L6 Camshaft, Crankshaft

Need Camshaft - Chrysler pt# 52246  -( No pitting on lobes)   and 

Crankshaft - Chrysler pt# 553905 ( no pitting on Main or rod journals )

The part #s are the original Nov 1925  listed part#s I dont have any interchange part #s. 

Car was built in Oct/Nov 1925.    would Need to be shipped to  North Florida

Thanks, Cricketkj26

PART # CORRECTIONS

Need Camshaft - correct Chrysler pt# 52242  -( No pitting on lobes)   and 

Crankshaft - correct Chrysler pt# 53905 ( no pitting on Main or rod journals )

Sorry about that- Typo's and Dumbo's.  Cricketkj26

Hi Cricket ,

The model G70 crankshaft does not interchange with any other model. Also bear in mind, even if you find a crank with no pitting, its journals may be a different size to your existing motor, so you will still have the expense of having to have all the babbit bearings redone anyway.

The camshaft for G70 according to the parts book is part number 303306, this should interchange with the model 72, 75 and possibly the model 77 and the 1929 model 70. The front cam bearing is also interchangeable on many of the early 6 cyl motors.

I think you will be better off looking for a complete running engine, maybe someone has one lying around. Good luck, 

Viv.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info Viv.   Trying to just see what might be available out there to soften the blow to the ole wallet if it would work.

The Main and rod bearings are definitely going to have to be re babbitted.  I think the cam lobes are pitted too badly.

I got the part#s out the 70 instruction book ,11 Edition ,April 1926. The 9th Edition, Nov 15 1925, has the same part #s . The 

Fedco # is WL488H  Engine S/N # is G101113.  Engines out of what models  will go back in and bolt up to the existing cross member bolt

Pattern, clutch and transmission ?  I also have completely rebuilt like new Remy distributor, starter, and generator that will have to work

for whatever I might find. CricketKJ 26

• Like 1

Jay Astheime  Has a few cams  that may or may not be what I need. Ill send him mesurements ad see if he can verify if one of them is

what I need.  Ill start another topic on the engine since this title is For cam and crankshaft. Cricketkj26