New Buick Standard project

jrj2

Good morning all,

Yesterday, My wife & I started on the dismantle of a Buick Standard that was lost in a fire (I am guessing at least ten years ago). The car had been stored in a barn that burned and was a total loss. I intend to  salvage all that I can. Anyway, I am not finding anything to positively identify what this is. I know that it is a Standard (because of the differences in the motor), but I am not finding anything else to guide me. I think it is a '26 to '28. Am I missing what would identify this thing for me? I want to sell everything that I can.

1925 will have a single starter-generator unit

1926 and on has separate starter and generators

1927 and on has rubber between rear motor mount and frame

1928 and on has shock absorber on frame and  strap ring on the front axle. 

On a worst case burned car I would expect the exhaust manifold and head might be the few surviving parts that can be salvaged. 

On the other hand, sometimes the engine is ok and can be salvaged.  Did the pot metal carburetor and valve cover wing nuts melt ?  

26 no road draft tube, as I recall. 27 has one on the oil filler.  26 engine rear is solid mounted, 27 has rubber pads.  Shift pattern changes for 28 if I remember. Others will help. 

If you get into engine 26 has non counterweighted crank. 27 has weights and a vibration damper. ( inside)

Edited by Oldtech (see edit history)