A/C refrigerant > reference- riviera 1966

cquisuila

If the car came with R 12 I would stay with R12. If your system was designed for R 12 the alternate gas 134a purportedly does not cool as well.

Make sure you have no leaks BEFORE you try to charge the system with refrigerant gas.

From personal experience read up on your AC from your Service Manual. Mistakes on mobile AC are unforgiving and expensive. R12 can be purchased and can expensive. I bought 28 lbs of R12 on Craigslist for $250.00.

If you can find a competent mechanic to check your system you are better off and less expensive. If you DIY you need specialized tools like a vacuum pump for one then a good AC manifold. It’s starts mount up.

OK

in Europe we have this :

https://www.multitanks.com/fr/fluides-frigorigenes-ecologique/gaz-refrigerants-de-remplacement-aux-r12-r134a-et-1234yf/75-canette-gaz-deepcool-12a-500gr.html

it is compatible with old r12

before charging i will look for the climate system it is sure

i just changed the compressor bearing : it was no longer running well !

1 hour ago, cquisuila said:

i just changed the compressor bearing : it was no longer running well !

Did you actually change the compressor bearing, or the compressor clutch bearing?  If you disassembled the compressor (not the electric clutch) then you will have to evacuate the system before refilling it.

18 minutes ago, EmTee said:

Did you actually change the compressor bearing, or the compressor clutch bearing?  If you disassembled the compressor (not the electric clutch) then you will have to evacuate the system before refilling it.

IT is the bearing pulley simply

image.png.ccdc1a8c194a0fe65be400eb9d17728c.png

the circuit is not opened

Edited by cquisuila (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• cquisuila changed the title to A/C refrigerant > reference- riviera 1966