For Sale: 1940 Studebaker Commander 2dr Club Sedan - Project - $12,000 - Williams, IA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1940 Studebaker Commander 2dr Club Sedan - Project - $12,000 - Williams, IA

Studebaker, 1940 Commander - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

Studebaker, 1940 two-door Commander, original, no rust. New brakes, tires and manifold. Carb rebuilt. Valve job. Overdrive. Needs headliner, upholstery and carpet. odometer: 40599

Copy and paste in your email: 7c202ae10b6f30dfb38d5f74de3b73b4@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this For Sale: 1940 Studebaker Commander 2dr Club Sedan - Project.

Note: Richard Quinn, Studebaker historian extraordinaire and former editor of The Antique Studebaker Review, after researching the production record in the Studebaker National Museum Archives, reported in an article published in July-August 2009, Volume 39, No.2, pages 18-24 titled "The 1938 to 1942 Studebaker Club Sedans & Sedan Coupes" subtitled "How Many Were Made? A Statistical Breakdown of President and Commander Production 1938-1942" reported the production for the 1940 Studebaker Commander Club Sedan Model 10A-F3 was 5,212 cars.

'40 Studebaker Commander IA a.jpg

'40 Studebaker Commander IA b.jpg

'40 Studebaker Commander IA c.jpg

'40 Studebaker Commander IA d.jpg

'40 Studebaker Commander IA e.jpg

'40 Studebaker Commander IA f.jpg

'40 Studebaker Commander IA g.jpg

'40 Studebaker Commander IA h.jpg

• Like 2

This car has potential, but it seems a bit pricey for its condition.  If you're willing to go to Iowa to get a 40's Studebaker two-door, for about $1600 more you can get a very nicely finished '46 Champion also featured right now on this forum.  (I realize that the Commander has a bigger engine and longer wheelbase than the Champion -- I'm just expressing a preference for a car where someone else has already done the work, and done it right judging from the photos.)