Set of 2 Model T wooden rims and wheels

CYNTHIA

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps Mike is making a comment on your expected price. EG. those can't possibly be $700.00 wheels. So the real $700.00 wheels are not shown. 

Yours have somewhat unusual solid rubber tires and are most likely from a Model TT , light truck. But unrestored Model T wheels of any sort , truck included are normally a $50.00 - at most  $100.00  { in extremely good condition, which yours are not }  each propisition. I probably have 20 or more of them myself, as do many eary Ford people. At $700.00 a pair we would all be rich, but reality tells us a much different story.

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Sadly, the wheel bearings inside MIGHT be worth more than the wheels themselves! IF and only IF they are in very nice condition! New wheel bearings right now are on back order, so really nice ones that two years ago couldn't be given away are suddenly selling for about ten to twenty dollars for each of the four complete bearings and matching races.

Those (used to be) soft cushion solid rubber tires are an interesting curiosity. And again, IF they were in nice condition would be worth a few dollars to certain hobbyists with a particular interest in them. In that condition, they are barely a display item. 

I really would like for someone that could use them to get them and use whatever there is good to be used. However, there really are enough of those around to provide a second set of wheels for almost every model T in driving condition in the world. Most of us have extras already, and most of us are getting to that age where we shouldn't be adding to the pile we already will never use.

Now, if they were brass era wheels (they are not!)? They would be worth about $100 each in decent usable condition.