NOS floor mount heater $100 , made in Norwalk , Ohio

Dropacent

Nos unit, well made, ornate made by linendoll auto parts in Norwalk Ohio.  Use exhaust or funnel hot air from manifold to keep your cabin nice and comfortable , or install just for looks. $150 OBO Tmorsher@icloud.com in a direct email, please. No PMs or messages here.  

68DF2E7F-4837-470A-8654-9FDA54904C82.jpeg

7EF9D374-F7D6-4AED-834A-812179B704B7.jpeg

CB40D4E2-9E73-4302-B914-3B3BB4C3E0C9.jpeg

Edited by Dropacent (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

Let's assume they're not suggesting ducting exhaust gas,

but rather that air, warmed externally by and around the exhaust system or manifold, be ducted to this device,

similar to the way my '27 Chevy ducted air through a sheet metal fabrication, external to the optional finned manifold. The heated air was ducted to a floor vent in the cabin, but wasn't very effective in our roadster, especially without side curtains.

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

40 minutes ago, JFranklin said:

I believe that this heater used a modified tailpipe with a cutout/over using exhaust gases to provide heat.

I agree, and probably as a dual-chambered Heat exchanger.

I've seen another with different fittings more adaptable to engine coolant, 

but these look more like they would work with an exhaust fitting

• 2 weeks later...

Hard to believe this doesn’t have a nice home out there someplace.  The cast iron radiator is very stout, so if you use it as intended , it will do a fabulous job of heating.   Large assortment of cutouts and valves just listed on the HCCA site.    OR, don’t bother hooking it up, just a cool accessory. Tmorsher@icloud.com to reach me.  Make a fair offer, you will own it, Thanks!  

• Dropacent changed the title to NOS floor mount heater $100 , made in Norwalk , Ohio