1934 Roadster on line auction - Australia

50jetback

Being sold as part of a deceased estate.

https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2022-shannons-autumn-timed-online-auction/D15CAF75KIX81GRG/

Still looks good and if it sells in the estimate range will be a bargain for someone. I'm surprised at SHANNONS lack of knowledge about Buicks. Some interesting comments in the vehicle report i.e. under electrical they note the clock isn't working. If they opened the glove box they would have seen the clock is mechanical and requires winding every week or so!

• Like 1

And if the "large dent/damage to L/H/R guard' was done in transit from north QLD to Sydney.

Would expect to sell for more than the estimate range, by a good margin.

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)

8 minutes ago, Rooster said:

If that car gets the low estimate it's a bargain in these crazy times of car values.  I still remember doing some bodywork on it.

At AU$31,500 at this time.  3526 people have viewed this lot.  Closes in ~3.5 days

1 hour ago, Rooster said:

If that car gets the low estimate it's a bargain in these crazy times of car values.  I still remember doing some bodywork on it.

If it sells for the HIGH estimate someone will get a real bargain. SHANNONS have put a link to our Western Buicks site and the article I wrote years ago about it's purchase and restoration and your help is mentioned in that Rooster. 

Re you comment about Shannons' lack of Buick knowledge, at least they are not far out with their estimate of 45 built. That is what my copy of the History of Holden says. There were another five built in 1935 which would have been the same. As to their origins of the cars, all of the Buicks that came to NZ in that era came from Flint and I presume the bare chassis sent to Australia to be bodied came from there as well(?).

There is one of these here in NZ which was imported in 2005 -  

29472204_225448574682622_5719705735898595328_n.jpg