Trim panel , cover for ac condenser?

AMB

I cut a strip from a ribbed black rubber floor mat (HomeDepot) just wide enough to fill the gap. (sorry no pics, I removed it recently to take off the condenser for repair). I cut several slits around the edge to accommodate body trim clips (the common folded-over type who's proper nomenclature escapes me). those were pinched onto the frame members that surround the gap. Filling the gap not only hid the unsightly bent condenser vanes but probably helped to direct more air through the radiator.

My condenser was a mess with the bent vanes. The PO or whoever previously worked on the car was very careless with dropped tools, ect. As the AC was not working at the time I eventually decided to either restore it or replace it w an aftermarket system. After removing the condenser it was easy (although time consuming) to straighten out the many dings to the vanes. They actually make a tool for the job, a radiator vane comb. But save your money, because the Riv condenser vanes are not straight but zigzag & that didn't work as intended. I found the best tool for the job is a small flat-nosed,spring-loaded needle-nose pliers I have, typically used by jewelers. It was meticulously time consuming but worth the effort. 

4 hours ago, RIVNIK said:

My condenser was a mess with the bent vanes. The PO or whoever previously worked on the car was very careless with dropped tools, ect. As the AC was not working at the time I eventually decided to either restore it or replace it w an aftermarket system. After removing the condenser it was easy (although time consuming) to straighten out the many dings to the vanes. They actually make a tool for the job, a radiator vane comb. But save your money, because the Riv condenser vanes are not straight but zigzag & that didn't work as intended. I found the best tool for the job is a small flat-nosed,spring-loaded needle-nose pliers I have, typically used by jewelers. It was meticulously time consuming but worth the effort. 

These pliers I have used on other car model condenser fins are made by MAUN in England number 2910, not sure if these are the same  as @RIVNIK used.

https://www.maunindustries.com/pliers-tools/long-nose-plier-150-mm/

• 1 month later...