Door latch I.D.

Eldovert

Looks like you have a combination of Ford Dodge Gm you would need measurements to narrow down what might fit what and what years ?  someone with books might break down further I had some war time replacements but without the tag on box they were so close to others I had to tag what I had immediately. I think some where in my barn I have a few left in the boxes and then I have same problem I have used good ones in crates not marked and have no clue,

Good luck in your ID search. if you come across a manual that breaks a-lot of them down hollar I might be Interested in paying you for a copies. 

Of 19 latches, only about 7 different vehicles (mostly pre-war?), 7 of one type, 4 of a second type, 3 of a 3rd type, 2 of a 4th type. and 3 odd balls. A close up of each specific one with dimensions might help, but their are likely 500 variations in that era. My advice is ask $5 apiece and see if anyone wants any.

Since there in no boxes how do you know they are NOS ? To me they look like my pile of 1970 Junk yard latches the few I have that are NOS are very bright clean and no marks these look like used ones in just my opine, they could be, but all my few NOS were in boxes of two.

Cheers

7 hours ago, thehandleman said:

Since there in no boxes how do you know they are NOS ? To me they look like my pile of 1970 Junk yard latches the few I have that are NOS are very bright clean and no marks these look like used ones in just my opine, they could be, but all my few NOS were in boxes of two.

Cheers

They appear to be covered in cosmoline..I sprayed a little solvent on one and it doesn’t look like the latch has made contact with anything.

Has “Toledo” stamped on it8622F09F-443E-44A0-AD11-61818E22AD77.jpeg.64de7d753ba8f50f9a2879258585b96a.jpegDEF284CA-B438-4B93-BAD3-4EDAAF5DF2F5.jpeg.36133c926408dba727a8abe2e29e1b44.jpeg

8 hours ago, Gunsmoke said:

Of 19 latches, only about 7 different vehicles (mostly pre-war?), 7 of one type, 4 of a second type, 3 of a 3rd type, 2 of a 4th type. and 3 odd balls. A close up of each specific one with dimensions might help, but their are likely 500 variations in that era. My advice is ask $5 apiece and see if anyone wants any.

If someone was offering me $5 each I would be doing backflips.

Cheers

• Like 1