Where did all the engines and trunk photos go?

Brass is Best

Am I the only one who wonders where all the engine and trunk photos have gone? The new trend in advertising cars seems to be no trunk or engine photos. I have noticed this on several popular advertising and auction websites. I just looked at a car with an asking price of over $200,000 and over 100 photos. Not one photo of the engine or trunk compartment. The condition of the engine and trunk can sure tell you a lot about a car. As someone who has photographed thousands of cars I do not understand this. 

Edited by Brass is Best (see edit history)
  • Like 3

• Brass is Best changed the title to Where did all the engines and trunk photos go?

I suspect the lack of engine photos might be due to the fact that many younger potential buyers really don’t know what an engine really looks like and would be unlikely to know what to look for to see problem areas.  Anyone who knows what he/she is looking at can always ask for more pictures.  As far as the trunk goes could be the sellers hardly ever use it and don’t expect anyone else will either.

Normally when I don't see engine and trunk photos I presume the area to be weak.  While I'll agree that some may not know what they are looking at most will be able to tell how squared away that area is and it is a statement to the overall condition.