1936 1937 Plymouth

Could someone please post a picture of a 1936 Plymouth

"Clutch release bearing pull back spring"

with (hopefully) dimensions (width and length) listed ?

I'm told it is part number '633686' - and also that its for 1935 - 37 Plymouth (Mopar)

I'd like to buy this part (!!)

However, both Bernbaum's and Robert's do not have it for 1936 - 37 nor any idea where I could buy  one. They told me that the 'like part' that they sell 1938 - 1956 Mopar does NOT  interchange - and they do not know of a successful alteration of the 1938 - 56 part to be used in 1936.

I'd be very grateful if someone could be so kind as to help...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have a 1936 P2 Touring Sedan.  When I bought it several years back, I wanted to see if the rear main was the source of the leak plus I replaced the clutch/disc/pressure plate.  I think that I have pictures of the clutch return spring.  If it is external on the transmission, I will be able to measure and photograph it.  Let me know if you still need that info.

One thing that impressed me with the Early Chrysler products;  Their designers engineered an umbilical line to lube the throwout bearing.  When greasing the chassis, you would just turn the "cap" on the end of the umbilicle hose/tube and it would send grease into the throwout bearing.  This would give the bearing a very long life if that was attended to during a lube job. That was a very good feature saving a lot of throwout bearings from early failure.  Plus the insides of the transmission was quite unique also.

I will do my best to find those pictures.  Contact me at;  randy@americanarbortreeservice.com  

Randy