For Sale: 1942 FORD 2dr SEDAN (rare) - $13,900 - Wichita, KS - Not Mine

For Sale: 1942 FORD 2dr SEDAN (rare) - $13,900 - Wichita, KS

1942 FORD 2D SEDAN (rare) - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

Fairly rare 1942 year model (WW2 had started) - Super Deluxe Tudor Sedan – 221 ci Flathead V8 w/ less than 2000 miles on overhaul - One repaint in the early 90's - Mostly original with a few cosmetic and minor mechanical changes (ie: wheels, tires, dual exhaust, etc. (w/ Reds Headers & Porter Mufflers - sounds really good) It is not a "show" car but a great weekend cruiser for car shows and events - Attracts a lot of attention - What I would call a nice 10-20 footer. Please don't insult me with low-ball offers - The price is a "little" negotiable - Too much info to list it all here - If you are interested, let me know and I can send a detailed run-down on the car and more photos. (I pretty much have the history on it since it was sold new) I kept all of the old parts I have changed in case someone wants to take it back to original....and have photos of what it looked like originally when I purchased it and a short video. odometer: 34000
Copy and paste in your email: d72dc51a02163f8e933d65d5d89b2e0f@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1942 FORD 2dr SEDAN.

'42 FORD KS a.jpg

'42 FORD KS b.jpg

'42 FORD KS c.jpg

'42 FORD KS d.jpg

'42 FORD KS e.jpg

'42 FORD KS f.jpg

'42 FORD KS g.jpg

'42 FORD KS h.jpg

'42 FORD KS i.jpg

'42 FORD KS j.jpg

• Like 1

I have a '47 2dr sedan super deluxe and I have to say this one not bad at all.  This car has the tan painted dash insert which doesn't really work with rest interior.  My car has a chrome insert which I don't think is original but it sure makes a big difference. Really the expensive stuff is done; the seats and door panels look decent, The paint looks lustrous and the engine has been rebuilt.

A buyer with a little know how could get this '42 to a pretty good original state. The ad states the seller has the originals parts that he took off. Moreover Ford parts are easy to find. Paint the wheels and replace the tires with original wide white bias ply's, Get a piece of carpet and replace the rear carpet pieces. Buy the front rubber floor mat and install it. Detail the crap out of it . Bingo! Drive it and enjoy it for not a lot of money.

One other thought; these flat heat 8's are good for 100 horse power so you're no going to win any impromptu to street light drag races, in fact out the hole they suck. My point here is this the fat rear tires which adds a rake to stance of the car doesn't make a lot of sense and in my opinion doesn't even look good either.

I really don't know what's going on in the trunk!!!

PS: These cars are bought for pride of ownership. Anything you do on these car is a labor of love because they are not money makers.

PXL_20210718_000228134.jpg

Edited by deac (see edit history)
  • Like 1