Goodbye - Car 'Totaled' from Mice :(

BrentS

Well.... It's been an interesting road.  I'd like to thank this forum for all the info, support, and help.

Unfortunately, a mouse (or mice) made it's way into the glove compartment area, and did a number on the wiring harnesses.

Even though I just replaced the heater core, as well as the ignition control module and coil pack... and things were looking good.  This mouse damage just took all my enthusiasm, energy, and motivation out of me; I just don't have the time and energy to work on Reatta wiring.

Additionally, I believe the insurance payout was very generous... likely more than I would've received from selling the car.  So, that was at least, an upside to the story.

I guess I'll proceed in selling off any other Reatta stuff I have...

Bye all.

Good Luck!  

My wife came in the other day and said her dashboard (2008 Subaru Outback) showed check engine light and the cruise icon was flashing.  I looked it up and got everything from a bad catalytic converter to a loose gas cap.  Took it to my mechanic:  Turns out rodents were in the engine compartment and chewed some wires.

I guess we were luckier than you.  Less than an hour of labor and some parts and we were out of there, good to go.

A vendor here may have the harness you need and even if it takes a shop a few hours of labor, for less than $500. you can have your car back again.

I hate to see Reattas die!

• Like 2