Touring car in Karlstadt, Sweden circa 1914

39 minutes ago, Leif Holmberg said:

Take look at other 1912 Cadillac and you will find the same 6 bolted hubs.

Here are three 1912 Cadillacs in New Zealand. All have the multi bolt hubs.

The first four pics are the same vehicle which was sold new as a fire engine - The touring body was built in the 1960s.

1.jpg

2  Scan 10007 1912 Cadillac fire engine Coromandel - Copy.JPG

3 Dunedin circa 1960.jpg

12 John McLachlan at Rotorua 1980 fb 190619.jpg

These other two cars also have multi bolt hubs - the last two photos are the same car - in 1975 and about ten years ago - 

12 HS1 fb 0220.jpg

GPN249_19750326_027a Alan Storer March 1975.jpg

12 AS1912 ex Alan Storer now John Hastilow.jpg

Note the hubcaps on the '12 Cadillac are quite different to the mystery photo. Of course all 1912 Cadillacs have electric lights - a distinguishing feature of them and the reason for their place in history.

These two pics are 1911 Cadillacs - both New Zealand cars.

11 1911 at P Nth 1992 Sath Flkr.jpg

11 at Southwards Aaaron Speilman Flkr 2011.jpg

This 1911 car was restored in time for the first International vintage car rally held in New Zealand in 1965. It has multi bolt hubs and may be from the changeover period. I think this one is no longer in NZ.

11 AB1911 Clelands Rd 1965.jpg

8 hours ago, Leif Holmberg said:

The hub doesn`t bother me just becuse Cadillac seems to have had 6-10-12 hub bolts around those year 1911-1913,but the curved front of the rear fender are not used on any Cadillac what i can see!.

There are too many differences for it to be a Cadillac.  The 6 bolt wheels were 1911, 10 bolt for 1912.  But it's not uncommon to see the 1912 wheels on an '11.  The fronts would be 10 spoke.   And a 1912 Cadillac would have electric lights all around.

A Cadillac rear fender curves out at the rear tip, both 1911 and 1912.  Also the rear doors are front hinged, not rear, in both 1911 and 12, except for  the 1911 open front models (no front doors). 

But the painted radiator certainly looks similar to Cadillac.  I wonder what that radiator cap is wearing?

?????

Three distinctive features that stand out on this car for me are  that those front fenders that extend all the way out beyond the front end of the chassis, the exposed chassis with running board brackets over top of the splash apron instead of the apron covering all of this detail, and the fact that it is a on a wheelbase so long that the body designers didnt need to notch the bottom of the rear doors to clear the fender. 

Even though it is a large car, it doesnt appear to be terribly luxuriant- even the headlights (Jno. Brown #19?) and cowl lamps appear, like the radiator shell, to be painted black over brass.

?????

1 hour ago, dustycrusty said:

?????

Three distinctive features that stand out on this car for me are  that those front fenders that extend all the way out beyond the front end of the chassis, the exposed chassis with running board brackets over top of the splash apron instead of the apron covering all of this detail, and the fact that it is a on a wheelbase so long that the body designers didnt need to notch the bottom of the rear doors to clear the fender. 

Even though it is a large car, it doesn't appear to be terribly luxuriant- even the headlights (Jno. Brown #19?) and cowl lamps appear, like the radiator shell, to be painted black over brass.

?????

And the headlights appear to stand independently (no horizontal bar between them).  The long wheelbase is also evident by the fact it's a seven passenger. 

The front fenders are interesting in the way the sheet metal wraps down to forward of the frame horns, which have a bar between them.

And it may not be luxurious, but there is a monogram on the rear door, so it was probably owned by some upper class type.

1240530486_mysterycar.jpg.b88beb03a08a552bcf3c236bfdce7ae9.jpg

• 2 months later...