1942 Studebaker Convertible 2 Door Coupe

Now here's something you don't see every day(or maybe ever, I don't know)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324841522386?hash=item4ba21044d2:g:1moAAOSwGSFhZx~Q

I am trying to find where it has a part of a 1942 Studebaker on it but not being an expert on them I defer to those who are.   It can be yours for a mere $47,000.  All that said I do like the looks. Wish I could get the $ 47,000 or a portion but of course not to be.

Image 1 - 1942 Studebaker Convertible 2 Door Coupe

Image 5 - 1942 Studebaker Convertible 2 Door Coupe

Google identified this car as a 1941 Studebaker Commander. Looks like the grilles and hood ornaments match...maybe the windshield, too?

1942_studebaker_commander-pic-6505-1600x1200.jpeg

Here is a closer look at a '41.

Best to find a Studebaker expert.

Studebaker Drivers Club | The Antique Studebaker Club

1941 Studebaker Champion 2 Door Sedan

This is a '42:

Autograf | 1942 STUDEBAKER for sale

Does it look like buffer burn on the lower front fender and the top of the tail light on the OP car?

Edited by f.f.jones (see edit history)
  • Like 1

This Studebaker appears to be an example of the post WWII "Sport Customs" genre.  Returning GI's saw the sporty British and European roadsters from MG, Austin and especially the Jaguar XK120.  Those not in the position to purchase one decided to build their own based on a used car.  The efforts were featured in small newsstand magazines, so others were encouraged to take their older Studebaker Champion, etc. and remodel it into a sporty roadster.  After a good deal of cutting, sectioning, welding and leading, they would end up with their vision of a personal custom sport roadster. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

This Studebaker appears to be an example of the post WWII "Sport Customs" genre.  Returning GI's saw the sporty British and European roadsters from MG, Austin and especially the Jaguar XK120.  Those not in the position to purchase one decided to build their own based on a used car.  The efforts were featured in small newsstand magazines, so others were encouraged to take their older Studebaker Champion, etc. and remodel it into a sporty roadster.  After a good deal of cutting, sectioning, welding and leading, they would end up with their vision of a personal custom sport roadster. 

Some were more attractive than others. 

• Like 2