1925 Chrysler four touring body

marbeton

George Dammann in "70 years of Chrysler" (published in 1974) indicates for Maxwell-Chrysler as of November 1924, "all cars used Fisher Bodies and one piece windshields but all these models are considered 1925 production". Later he says for the 1925 year, "For the early part of the year, all Chryslers were equipped with Fisher Bodies, but at mid-year Chrysler purchased the Kercheval body plant in Detroit and began to produce its own body units". I'm sure there has been more detailed research done since 1974, but that's what I have. As you may know, pre 1924 there was a lot going on regarding the mergers and machinations involving Chalmers, Maxwell and eventually the formation of Chrysler as a marque. I have no info on who was making bodies for these 3 makes prior to November 1924, perhaps in-house facilities.

Thanks for the help, but my car was built in September 1925, it has a two-piece windshield, if the body was 
from Fisher body, then it should have their datatag and order number. It's not with me and there are no 
traces of any other datatag. I read somewhere that at the beginning of production, Chrysler may have done 
some bodywork itself, but I'm not sure.

As indicated in my earlier note above, by late spring/summer (mid-year) of 1925 Chrysler was stamping their own bodies out of the former "Kercheval body plant" which they had acquired. So I assume from then on they did not place a "body manufacturer" plate on their cars, and so your September 1925 car was likely  bodied in-house. By the time my 1931 Chrysler CD8 came along, the Budd Body Company was clothing the Chryslers and some other Mopar products (all steel versus the Fisher wood framed bodies). Is your car all steel body?

I think early production Chrysler used Fisher bodies and as gunsmoke said they then bought a body manufacturer and made their own bodies.

I stand to be corrected but I don't think the fisher bodies for Chrysler had fisher body tags, and Chrysler may have been using bodies from both suppliers at this time.

I'm restoring a 1925 tourer body at the moment, it has a tag with a body number attached to the right hand firewall wood upright, inside the car just above the toeboard. There is NO manufacturers tag.

2 1927 model 50 tourer bodies I had, one had a small "body by Chrysler" emblem at the rear bottom right of cowl side panel, just in front of the right hand door. The other did not have this badge, so I assume made by different plants.

A 1928 model 52 tourer I had, also did not have this badge.