Pre-WWI Touring Model?

crice64

I was wondering if anyone could help me identify the vehicle in this photo? We've narrowed it down as likely pre-WWI and the lack of a top makes it seem like a touring model, but that's about as far as any attempts at identification have gotten. Any help is really appreciated!

Sendry Brothers.jpg

Definitely a Saxon, however not a touring. Although a kid is sitting on the rear fender, it appears to be a runabout. Touring cars had a front and a rear seat, which this car appears to not have. Saxon began building the runabouts for 1914, and didn't begin building touring cars until late in 1915. Their cars became more substantial as time went on. They ceased production about 1922.

I believe this one was an early model, very likely a 1914 or 1915. But I am not a Saxon expert.

Edited by wayne sheldon
I hate leaving typos! (see edit history)
  • Like 2

It’s a very early single bench seat, four cylinder roadster…the car that made Saxon so successful. You can tell it’s an early one because it has a hood without a center hinge; it has a gas filler on the outside; it has no running boards. Very early 1914.

Alex Huppe, Saxon Registry